View Single Post
Old 11-23-2016, 09:37 PM   #2700
Arden

How Do You Identify?:
Female, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
"and if you help me to start again, you know that I'll be there for you in the end. "

Arden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST Reputation
Default Two at a time

I'm reading bits and pieces of two books currently

Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain - an interesting read on neuropsychology by Daniel Siegel

Blind to Betrayal: Why We Fool Ourselves We Aren't being Fooled - about the reasons people tend to "bond" with those who are abusive to them by Jennifer Freyd (she's got a research lab at the University of Oregon)

I do sometimes read for purely pleasure though often read related to my work, which is the reason for my current choices. A move about 2 years ago has lead to the loss of a huge public library system resulting in less pleasure reading since I don't want to buy those books.