View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #1015
Lady_Di

How Do You Identify?:
Homo sapien

Thanked 1,486 Times in 315 Posts
Lady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST ReputationLady_Di Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
"...

Believe in someone"

Yes! Believe in Someone. Believe in yourself to begin with. Believe those that are trustworthy. Be trust worthy...

"WHAT’S MINE IS MINE

I don’t always know how to get the dog off the baby.
The attacks are often sudden and always swift.
My shock at the reality delays my response.
Falters my steps and fogs my mind.

What should I do to disengage this assault?
What can I do that won’t make things worse?
How can I resolve this now?

The pain is almost unimaginable
But yet all too familiar.
It all comes down to ownership
I must admit this baby is me.

I have to face this dog is my pet.
I have fed and groomed him
And now I have to put this dog to sleep.
"

Yes, what is mine is mine. I own it, warts and all. I have to love the baby and not throw it out with that proverbial bath water. The pup is pure unconditional doggie love, sometimes we do have to let go, let G.d - especially when we really truly deeply madly passionately are in touch with the depth of true love. As they used to say long long ago, if you love the butterfly, let it go. If it loves you, it will come back. The important thing is to love and honour your truth, whatever that may be. And acknowledging that we must protect and care for our inner child, is simply priceless.

I am mother, father, maid, doctor, nurse, teacher, friend and everything positive and affirming under the sun to her, my little untainted, pure and simple child of joy. When I first began this recovery process I was very sick and miserable, very tired of that old life. I knew I had to change, but was so lost. *Yes, now I am found* I have done the most healing on this journey, the path less travailed, by taking my most precious picture of myself as this wonderous happy child that I was... I had it framed and I put it next to my bed. I would talk to her regularly. I had lost touch with who I really was, when I first came to AA and Alanon, I needed to remind myself of who I am, if that makes any sense.

I simply forgot.

I am the original hard headed incredibly curious and loving woman-child.
Today I know who I am. I continue to work the steps and apply all the principles in all of my affairs. And it works, it really does work. It is simple as that. No need to complicate it further. No need to abuse myself any longer.

I see that picture, a bright vibrant child by some beautiful roses, happy as a lark, wearing my bright red tights and black leotard. I used to live in my ballet clothes and pretend I was Honey, Private Eye. I got all the neighborhood kids to work for me, scoping out places, people and things. Yeah, peeping tom was more like it. LOL I was awfully curious and my favourite word was Myschievious. Or even mischievous... lol

Always loved playing with words. Truly to honour who I am, is to simply remember. My very essence of me has not changed. I did not destroy what G.d had made. I am intact, my spirit is strong, life is good.

As long as I do not rest on my laurels and get complacent, as long as I continue to be of service... I am good to go.

Anywhere, anytime

I want the hand of AA to be there.

ODAAT
d

Last edited by Lady_Di; 12-08-2011 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Yes! Believe in Someone. Believe in yourself to begin with. Believe those that are trustworthy. Be trust worthy...
Lady_Di is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Di For This Useful Post: