Old 03-25-2019, 05:29 PM   #38
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,784 Times in 4,469 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I haven't closely scrutinized the candidates but I do like Kamala Harris the best. However, I'm not sure this pathetic country will elect a woman or a person of color as president right now, let alone someone who is both. It would be nice if I were wrong.

I like Elizabeth Warren a lot but don't think she can get elected as president - again I would love to be wrong.

I can't stand Sanders and don't think he has any chance against Trump. If he switches over to being a Democrat just to run for president like he did last time (and then switched right back after he lost) and he won the "Democratic" nomination - yes, of course, I would vote for him. I would much rather have Harris or Warren. Warren is every bit as progressive as Sanders is but actually gets things done, can work with people, actually belongs to the Democratic party, and is way more consistent. It's not as if I don't like progressives.

I do have a friend who follows politics closely who thinks Joe Biden would have the best chance to beat Trump - white male with at least some blue color "cred" who can be sarcastic and up in the face of Trump and openly mock and laugh at him. She could very well be right.

Beto and the mayor are totally meh to me, but who knows. I want someone with more experience than that.

I don't know who has the best chance to beat Trump - another white male, battle of the testosterone - aka Biden - or someone completely different than Trump who maybe would throw him off - Kamala Harris? Something totally different than those two things?

I think America is in an ugly and cynical place and some sort of inspiring message of Hope and Change or the Bernie thing is not going to fly this time around. Then again, could be I'm the one that's a lot more cynical than the overall country. I don't want soaring inspirational messages or someone promising me things that are totally implausible. I want a responsible adult with experience who is actually capable of doing the job. But yes, most of all, beat Trump. Whoever that has to be.

Hopefully, enough people on the left-hand side will be inspired enough to at least go vote. Who knows what the next year and a half will bring.

- Rainer Maria Rilke
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post: