View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #75
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Dragonista in Me: A Queering of my identity in terms of what Stone, Alpha, and Femme mean to me.

I made a post about 2 years ago on another forum board, subjectively, about my idea of who I think I am. At the time, I only owned a part of my identity: Being Stone and Femme (two separate identities, the way I see it for me). It’s only been lately that I have been willing to publicly own my Alpha side. I am a Stone Alpha Femme: Three complete identities on their own yet meld oh so beautifully inside the crucible of me.

I have edited my previous post for clarity so that I can marry another aspect of my identity, my Alpha side. My offering is a revision of ‘my thesis;’ a description of my own personal evolution.

I begin my revision by invoking what Alpha looks like on me (it’s my favorite dress but I only let my Alpha side out on special occasion) through filters of two separate lenses: Stone and Femme, both of which are tempered and seasoned by the Alpha in me.

I first came into my Queer Femme identity fairly late in life. In the beginning, back when I first knew that I was not of a heterosexual orientation, the only term I knew about that seemed to describe me was "Lesbian." That term didn't really work much for me over the years because as I grew in my identity, I knew that something was not entirely right for me. I am the female of the species. I own other gendered constructs as well, but I was about 43 when I came into my brand of Femme. What being Femme translates into for me is a very Queer process and feeling. I was about 47 when spending a considerable amount of time reading forums discussions labeled Stone Femme, which helped me to explore what being Stone might mean to me and by the time I was 49, I came to see that I have more of a Stone side than I cared to admit to and I'm not saying that my feeling that I am Stone, in my own ways, is a bad thing. It's a good thing for me because of my long journey in finding out exactly what works for me as a Queer identifying Femme.

Owning Stone identity on the Femme spectrum is connected to what I prefer sexually. My preference is that I am the one who receives sexually initiated contact. I cannot experience acts of sexuality if it is expected that I would be the person to initiate in the way that a queer identifying Stone counterpart would. I am a willing Stone Femme bottom: This is how I fully submit within a sensual/sexual experience. The way my sexual counterpart penetrates me (intellectually, emotionally, viscerally, et al) gives me the greatest pleasure and causes me to have the most fulfilling encounter possible. I have a very deep need to be "filled" in ways that only a Stone identifying partner could give to me. It sends me into total orbit, allowing myself to experience sex this way, the only way I can fully experience our exchange of energy. However, as much as I can be a Stone Femme bottom, my sexual repertoire is a kaleidescope refracting prismatically all the possiblities of sexual pleasure yet discovered or well known.

However, other aspects of my personal makeup take on and exhibit other Stone qualities (boundaries, for example). To a certain degree, I am hyper-private about myself: Lots of people might say that they feel that they experience issues of privacy in all sorts of ways. But when I use the term private, I am saying that I enforce what the term private (or privacy) can mean in hyper-like ways. Like when it comes to disclosing aspects of my life or what preferences I have, as it pertains to particular sexual acts or acts of sensuality (in face-to-face encounters or in text). I trend toward dressing my expression with creative disclosureso that my ideas, or what I have to say, makes its appearance in subversive ways. I have to be in a certain frame of mind and have an established bond of trust in order to be able to even talk about things that are entirely very personal or might be connected to issues of past abuse.

My experiential views of abuse does inform my definition of Alpha. As well, my parents and family life on a rural dairy farm groomed my Alpha traits in peculiar ways. Similar to scientific study on alpha members of a dog pack, my place and role in my family sibling arrangement (second eldest, eldest female) took on the scope of alpha status because my parents innately recognized me as being their ‘brightest star’: Their ‘atom’ worth nurturing in their cosmic, organic, molecular arrangement (the constellation of us as siblings). Whether I wanted to comply or not, I was charged with the care of my siblings and entrusted with complicated decision making processes that only grown adults might take on willingly. It was, and still is, an “it is what it is” kind of thing. I took care of things; made sure our work got done, and delegated tasks and managed timelines so steep in learning skills that I swear my brain has suffered every step of the way since time first began for me! But every aspect of family life (the good, bad or downright ugly) prepared me for raising my sons and managing whatever life brings to me (past, present and future). It seems to me that any kind of suffering I endure drives the Alpha in me.

I’ve been in the online butch-femme community for almost nine years now and it’s taken me a lifetime (it would seem) to bloom: Presently, the dressing room fragrance of my evolutionary process smells like the essence of Stone Alpha Femme (Dragons Blood- my essential oil perfume fits me so perfectly).

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: