Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Annoyed. I don't check the news very often (too depressing) but have just caught up with events of the last few weeks. It seems that the Tory party, who were stupid enough under David Cameron to call for a referendum on exiting the European Union without any kind of plan for making that happen should the result be in favour because the majority of Tories never imagined the result could go that way (and were NOT in favour of exiting the EU themselves) is now being torn apart by the hard-line minority childishly refusing to face their responsibilities to the nation by resigning Cabinet posts etc and preventing the PM from carrying on with her attempts to come up with some sort of offer to the EU.

Not that even Mays notions of 'a soft Brexit' are any more realistic than hard-line idiots like Johnson!. I can only hope that at the next election the country votes the Tories out of office, not because I'm left-leaning (which I am), but because the current bunch are simply utterly incompetent and have been selling the country off piecemeal to no visible benefit to the average person, increasingly worse public services, and what they've done in recent years has crippled the NHS which once was a model of how a good health service should be run!

No idea who'd be best to replace them though, as Labour's internal problems hasn't exactly covered that party in glory either (I feel sorry for Mr Corbyn - seems a good bloke, but his party's been a bit of a shambles for some while, so far as I can see).

Oh, and Rees-Mogg having delusions of becoming PM? Sorry, but if that should come to pass, this country will be utterly sunk. He's so out of touch with the average person in the UK that the only thing to look forward to should he become PM would be the film they'd end up making about the whole farcial episode. Don't get me wrong, he's an interesting eccentric to appear on TV shows, even seems a nice enough chap in his own way, but his grasp on the reality of life for the average person is tenuous in the extreme.

Bloody politics (and politicians)! Grrrr!
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: