Jedi

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
they are my world

Thanked 1,763 Times in 549 Posts
Jedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST ReputationJedi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post

My hometown (Rip City -- Trail Blazer's, River City --- we got two big rivers, BridgeTown -- we're known for our bridges) has quite a few micro-breweries; but also, we've had several home town breweries recently close since last fall (Alameda Brewery, to name one). Why, I'm not sure, but I'm guessing changes in property taxes or annual lease agreements or simply someone in family owned business dies, then the family just decides to close the doors and move on??? Not sure, really.

When I was younger, I always looked forward to having a beer on a really hot summer day. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so we're talking maybe one or two beers during any given hot summer. *lol*

I had a beer once, that is a favorite out on the East coast... I forget the name of it, but it's a Lemon Shandy, I think. Pretty nice to have on a hot summer evening.

I hope OkieBug's beer thread is the beer thread you were thinking of. If not, you should start a new forum thread and if you do? Tell us a tiny bit about your past bartending career and the types of drinks that were most requested or even a favorite drink you thought was pretty special.

Cheers,

K.
I will check out that beer thread after I respond to you. I bartended for a little hole in the wall gay bar in Denver, CO. I opened the bar a couple days a week then did Saturday nights. The most requested drink was a Jose float. It's Cactus Juice (margarita flavored schnapps) with Jose Cuervo floated on top. Usually served as a shot. One of my faves to make at home now are frozen Pina Coladas. I use the Bacardi frozen mix you can find in the grocery store with the frozen juices. You just add rum and ice. I tend to pour a bit heavy when I make these but they go down so easily. Also, I had a fave premium well drink I liked to make......Jedi's White Russian......now when I make them at home I use different stuff but the bar had a bunch of Skyy vodkas. I have since learned Skyy vodka is up there with Chick-fil-A and Barilla pasta for being anti-gay. But.......I would use the Skyy Vanilla (it smells like cake icing and has a sweet vanilla taste) and Kahlua and heavy cream and shake that sucker like crazy. Now my specialty were my Jedi Kamikazees. I would leave out the triple sec though and just add more vodka. Now i would cut up a bunch of limes and depending on how many shot were being made, I would mix the ice, vodka, sour mix and rose's sweeetened lime juice. I would squeeze a piece of lime in for each shot and throw the limes in the shaker for good measure. Strain into shot glasses and squeeze a lime into each shot glass. They are very tart but boy are they good. At one point, there was a restaurant too. I make a mean cherry coke. In Denver, my gf had kids, her youngest lived with us and was having troubles so I used to take her with me at times to help set up the restaurant side of everything. But I would make the cherry cokes for her.
I wasn't much of a Martini Bartender. I'm not all high brow behind the bar.
Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jedi For This Useful Post: