Old 12-15-2009, 07:12 PM   #18
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,763 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Thoreau View Post
My favorite tradition is before Christmas we go and get a bunch of those Christmas wish tags...that some banks and stores have so you can get presents for little kids whose parents are going thru a difficult financial time. It is so much fun to buy for kids....even with all the kids we have... and now granchild.....
It always makes the holdiay time special, wife and I set aside a day without any of our kids or work and go present shopping for our wish kids....then come home and wrap them all up as fancy as we can, and slip in lots of extra's and then take them to the bank or store and drop them off. We feel like Santa and Mrs Claus...and have been doing it for 28 years now.
I love the Tree Angels!!! I grab a couple of the tags whenever I am able to, although the stores that I've found to do this won't accept wrapped gifts. That would be even more fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Jack and I usually open all of our presents before Christmas so that we have nothing left to open on Christmas morning.
It usually starts off like this:
Me: "Babe, can we open just ONE???? PWEEEAASSEEE?"
Her: "Ok, just one! But only if I can open one of mine!"
And this goes on at random times until nothing is left.

Oh, and during my family get together, there is usually at least ONE loud argument over who ate the last deviled egg, one drunk cousin crying in the corner, and nothing would be complete without my mom telling me at least twice that I am "showing too much cleavage"
One present each on Christmas Eve or your stocking. Those are the early opening options in my household. No more!

I get a little sadistic with making my giftees wait because I am usually a rather good gift-giver and they know it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote