View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #177
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
CCB, do you have a crock pot? I have a couple of really low cost vegan dishes that I like to do in a crockpot. Very much- dump in ingredients and turn it on and come back in 6-8 hours.

One is a vegan split pea soup. I think that the last time I broke it down it came to about $5 for about 12 servings of soup.

Another is a red bean stew I like to make, red beans with a can of diced tomato, chopped carrots, and any other veggies that might sound good. Spice it up with either regular savory items like garlic, or spice it up with hot sauce. Good plain or over rice or with a piece of cornbread. If you catch the canned goods when they are on sale and stock up it helps make it even less expensive than it already is.
I have a crock pot but it's a little mini one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Sweetest CCB..when i was vegan i found this little miracle "nooch"(nutritional yeast) that gives a cheesy flavor to just about any dish..it really helped! It's a great little investment to replace some of the dairy you will be craving! Ask for it in your health food store..you may even find it in a regular grocery.

Thank you!! I will try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I'm a vegetarian not a vegan (as you know), but I recommend big bags of frozen veggies which you can add to tofu and soy sauce to make an easy stir-fry. Fresh veggies go bad so quickly.
Good idea!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: