Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Weight of The Nation - confronting America's obesity epidemic.

This is a lengthy HBO doc spanning about 12 hours and 3 discs. I like that it is very science based but presented in very easy to understand language and demonstrations.

It is very informative as to the way the body works or doesnt, and basic physiology I never knew i.e. fat is living tissue which produces chemicals which affect different organs in different ways.

It addresses the customary diseases associated with weight like diabetes and heart disease but also addresses some new emerging issues i.e. liver transplants for fatty liver disease etc.

I like that it looks at things from many interconnected viewpoints i.e. evolution, genetics, environment, economics, marketing etc. while refraning from judgement.

And, it is big on community based studies/programs for school age children who are showing signs and symptoms of problems at alarming ages i.e. high blood pressure, elevated cholesterol levels etc.

And, so far, there are many suggestions for weight control that seem to be doable for various types of eaters.

Good info.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post: