View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 PM   #18
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

I **LOVE** documentaries - if I could only watch one toe of film, it would be docs.

I could list dozens (and will come back and list more) but for now I'll just copy the ones I had listed in my Netflix thread:

~ Praying with Lior. A documentary on a boy who has Down's Syndrome, his delight in and commitment to his Jewish faith, intertwined with the story of his mom's battle with cancer. I may be prejudiced on this one because I knew many of the people in it, but it's still moving and interesting.
~ Been Rich All My Life. Documentary on a group of women who were showgirls in Harlem in the '30s, and their experiences during that time, and their journey towards reuniting on stage as elderly (but still awesome) performers.
~ Saint of 9/11. Documentary about Father Mychal Judge, who was an openly gay priest, chaplain to the NYC fire department, and killed on 9/11.
~ Bela Fleck: Throw Down Your Heart. Documentary on the amazing banjo player Bela Fleck and his travels to Africa to research the early origins of that instrument and play with a lot of local musicians. Fantastic for anyone who loves "world music."
Dance-with-me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dance-with-me For This Useful Post: