Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Sparkle, I would love to hear about your summertime BBQ salads! I have a few summertime salads I just love to make -- but only for special occasion because sometimes it can be very expensive.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Give me three of the best desserts you've ever had and love still today.
They can be expensive!

I like to use common ingredients in unexpected ways. I do a zucchini, summer squash, and peach carpaccio (sliced paper thin on the mandolin) With capers and dressed with fresh squeezed lemon juice and a tiny bit of lemon zest. It's a great cold salad that is refreshing when it's hot and can hold up outside for a few hours.

I also do an arugula, cantaloupe, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella salad dressed in a homemade French vinaigrette (very light but with a sharp shallot and dijon zing) also refreshing but doesn't hold up well outside because of the mozz.

I do a simple baby spinach, sliced strawberries and toasted nut (of your choice) salad with a rice vinegar dressing.

And in the fall I like to use ingredients like pancetta and pomegranate and toasted walnuts -- great with any greens you fancy, and makes a nice entree if you add protein like grilled chicken.

William Sonoma has a good book called 365 days of salad, which is chock full of awesome seasonal recipes that inspire new combinations.

As to desserts...

*i had the most amazingly fresh tiramisu in Venice, it was incredible, straight off the whisk. I'm spoiled for tiramisu forever though. Nothing will ever compare.

*im a sucker for a lovely crunchy creme brûlée.

*and strawberry shortcake - with homemade whip cream is my go-to birthday dessert because strawberries are usually newly ripe and delicious around then.

Give me the last three times you felt valued