Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,262 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkle View Post
They can be expensive!

I like to use common ingredients in unexpected ways. I do a zucchini, summer squash, and peach carpaccio (sliced paper thin on the mandolin) With capers and dressed with fresh squeezed lemon juice and a tiny bit of lemon zest. It's a great cold salad that is refreshing when it's hot and can hold up outside for a few hours.

I also do an arugula, cantaloupe, prosciutto, and fresh mozzarella salad dressed in a homemade French vinaigrette (very light but with a sharp shallot and dijon zing) also refreshing but doesn't hold up well outside because of the mozz.

I do a simple baby spinach, sliced strawberries and toasted nut (of your choice) salad with a rice vinegar dressing.

And in the fall I like to use ingredients like pancetta and pomegranate and toasted walnuts -- great with any greens you fancy, and makes a nice entree if you add protein like grilled chicken.

William Sonoma has a good book called 365 days of salad, which is chock full of awesome seasonal recipes that inspire new combinations.

As to desserts...

*i had the most amazingly fresh tiramisu in Venice, it was incredible, straight off the whisk. I'm spoiled for tiramisu forever though. Nothing will ever compare.

*im a sucker for a lovely crunchy creme brûlée.

*and strawberry shortcake - with homemade whip cream is my go-to birthday dessert because strawberries are usually newly ripe and delicious around then.

Give me the last three times you felt valued
1. My bank manager gave me a free pen

2. my phone company sent me a survey cause my opinion of how they're doing, matters

3. the call centre for my computer repair kept interrupting the hold music with a message that i should keep holding cause my call is very important to them.

gm3 things you'll never stop doing, no matter how "bad" they are for you.
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote