Old 11-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #56
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,407 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
Now that I am almost 57, I get softer instead of tougher, I cry more, I hurt deeply, everything is closer to my skin.

I don't recover as fast and any set back is a chasm rather then a crack in the sidewalk. I am more sorry for my mistakes.

I see some things clearer and am less tolerant and more stubborn in some ways. I am less patient with fools, know-it-alls, liars and bullies. I am more patient with people that I love and respect.

I smile from the inside out when happy and cry. I cry from the inside out when hurt. I remember as my Grandparents aged they cried more...at everything...Goddess help me...

I still go out. A lot. I have a full schedule. I drink less but I still enjoy a very active social life. I am taking better care of my health. It may take my hips and knees a couple days to recover but I can still salsa and rumba with hip swaying joy!

I am still a night owl, I still get by on 6 hours of sleep but I love taking short naps in the afternoon. I love the nightlife....

I totally get what you're saying and just thought it was me. I'm just turning 51 next month and my emotional state has changed so much over the last year. Softer as I age is a great description. Along with the less tolerant and more stubborn (lord help those that know me). I sleep less than I used to. I'm lucky if I get 3 solid hours before waking up. Thing is, most days it's enough for me. I have to have a week of little sleep to want to nap though. I think that when we go through the change of life (I'm still in it), it's natural to get this way.
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfyOne For This Useful Post: