Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by little man View Post
you know, i read somewhere today about starting a scholarship fund for folks who can't afford to attend the reunion, or artist grants and the like. perhaps a small percentage of sales taken for the art grant? i can't really think of any artists i know who would balk at helping other artists out. if the site is in good enough financial shape that you wouldn't need it to keep things running, i really like the idea of the money going into a fund to help fund artists for projects or whatever. is this doable? maybe you could do a survey and see if people would be willing to slice a percentage off for that?

i'm sure this should have had paragraphs or something, but my mind is a mess and i have to get ready to leave for work.

I like this idea Wil! It is highly appropriate to the idea of Queerbay since we want to start encouraging Queer artists to do more work and become more visible. If there were small (or even large) grants for supplies and such, I cant even imagine the amazing work that could be produced in this community!

Right now, any percentage from sales would have to be on the honor system. I have already had one person who wanted to donate a percentage of her sales to the site. I think its a fabulous idea! (and very generous)

Im not opposed to the honor system and can set up a donate button with no problem in that area if people want to do that.

Other thoughts?
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote