Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,661 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
I couldn't decide where I wanted to post this so I looked through my subscribed threads and it was a toss up between "Word of the Day" and this, "What made you smile today?" I opted for the smile since it is National Smile Day ♡

From Sally Field's Twitter {@sally_field} . . .
I like Samantha Bee a lot, but she is flat wrong to call Ivanka a cunt. Cunts are powerful, beautiful, nurturing and honest.
Who knew Sally Field, the Flying Nun and Forrest Gump's momma was such a bad ass motherfucker!?! I love the empowerment of her tweet and kinda think she's the coolest person in my day today.

Vintage can you help me understand why you think this tweet was empowering? I keep trying to see it but I seem to be missing something.

All I am seeing is Bee using vulgarity to insult another woman and Field also insulting the same woman minus the vulgarity.

In my mind, misogyny and sexism is misogyny and sexism regardless of which gender happens to be expressing it.

So, how is insulting a woman empowering?

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote