View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #44
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone ever have the experience of working with someone who is saying "yes" to healing, but their body and energy is really resistant and not on board at all?

It doesn't happen very often and sometimes that resistance can be worked with, and other times I just have to let it go. I've had this come up this morning and I was side-swiped by such a deep sadness when I realized and understood that this person is not truly willing to heal. Not yet, anyway.

We can only help activate others in healing themselves and willingness is key. It is challenging for me in a situation like this because it's hard to tell someone that their outward willingness is more idealism than actual willingness to change, heal, and grow. I guess it's all about bedside manner, and I am very gentle. I just have to have a good cry first (or after). Sometimes there is no need to say anything, and in all cases I simply must trust that they will find what they need when they are ready, and remain open and available in case I can help.
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post: