Old 10-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #2871
justkim

How Do You Identify?:
Me...
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
<3 myself

Thanked 6,801 Times in 1,553 Posts
justkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputationjustkim Has the BEST Reputation

Being smack dab in the middle of people who truly live a nomad lifestyle has definitely opened my eyes. A lot of families are doing it too so that they can "see" America. They've pulled their children out of brick and mortar schools so they can be home-schooled. It also makes it easier for one parent to stay home if you want to look at a financial angle. We also ran into woman and men in the traveling nurse field who love what they do and love that they can travel and it really only costs them fuel and fee for a spot to hook up at. The older people we ran into are semi retired and they also travel to where the work is. A friend of ours retired from OSHA as an inspector who now runs his own business while still enjoying the perks of retirement and travel all rolled into a rolling house. Right now for instance half of the people here in the park were in are line man, who here soon will be heading south for the winter. Another thing, not sure if it is mentioned in the book is that some parks are putting an age limit on the RV's they allow into their park. Anything over ten years old has to pass the how does it look test. Then there are the ones who only do motor coaches and won't even look at tow-able units no matter what their age is. Anyway just some random thoughts from someone living, although it is only for another month in our RV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

It was very good and also very sad. Didn't realize how many elderly people are doing this just to survive.

"A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success."
- Unknown -
justkim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justkim For This Useful Post: