Old 09-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #49
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,400 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

I have to completely agree with Martina's post. I've lived it. My Grandma, retired from the state, at age 62. They continued to pay her medical insurance, and retirement until she died 2 yrs ago.

Mom worked for a company for 25 yrs and they folded, she was laid off at 63 yrs old, no company retirement, and 401 wasn't matched. She took a job at $5 an hour less for a few years before she got social security but it took her a while to find that job.

My best friend worked for the same company and was laid off as well she was 53 she just got a job this week. She took it for the benefits, the pay is much less than a managers pay.

My company use to pay for employee and dependent insurance. They no longer pay for either but do pay half of employee. Also as of 2007 anyone hired after 2007 does not get a retirement check from the company.

I surely don't live as high on the hog as I once could afford to, due to company cut backs and the addition of having to pay my own insurance. Has anyone mentioned the price of gas. My gosh I think it has doubled since my pay was cut and they sure don't add that into your cost of living raise. Guess that is another thread though.

So IMO Martina's post is spot on.

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: