Old 11-22-2009, 04:48 PM   #28
QueenofQueens
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Seerauber, Centaurita Bonita, QoQonut, Volupté Suprême
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lux, Ms. Lisbon if you're nasty.
Relationship Status:
Left of Centaur and blissfully betrothed.

QueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST ReputationQueenofQueens Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Ok.....I'm so excited!!

I have come up with a plan for The Girl Room!!!!!

Currently, I have a sweet, white bookcase in there, holding a few cloth bins. I'm going to take those out, move the bookcase to my kitchen, where the it will NOW house my cookbooks, which, in turn, will free up space on the shelves in my laundry room for other things, which will free up counter space in my kitchen.

THEN, I'm getting 2 new sets of stainless metal shelves: a 5' and a 3' for The Girl Room. I will put the cloth bins on that, as well as some metal ones (I believe Medusa suggested this) from The Ikea (which we love!) and move the desk to the wall where the white shelves USED to be, putting the new shelves on the desk wall.

Somehow, I know You have all followed me on this. That makes me happy.

~Diva

Blaswarth,
I'm so excited for your reorganizing scheme. I cannot deny, however, that I'm wounded. Wounded by the fact that the snakey headed one has been given credit for my suggestion of Ikean metal bins. *snf*
I mean, jeezus, Blas, the thread is only two pages long.., I said it right over there. *glances at the starboard side of the thread then over at mine own metal shelves and bins*

Ah well, time heals all wounds. Indulge my penchant for collecting and tell me about your cookbooks, please?

xoxo
M

Quote:
Originally Posted by violaine View Post
i drew a raven a while ago using pencil and ink. the bird was not outside sitting on a branch in a tree; he was looking inside at you, and came very close to your space. my passions have always been photography and writing, because image tells a story and story summons an image. i've not pushed charcoal around in a while, and i think i may need to pay attention to a need for that sensation, consciousness, and talent. i love to finally see the work emerge- when it was there just before- only the time wasn't right to see. organic forms: sometmes i see patterns and connections to the photography work, charcoal, and writing. math can be like poetry to me. i've also loved math, and used to tutor algebra and calc in college, which is using both sides of the brain for sure.

Yes. It seems to me a magical circumstance when such seemingly disparate subjects inform and enhance one another. The light shed as a result, though only appearing in flashes, is both brilliant and humbling.
QueenofQueens is offline   Reply With Quote