Old 06-22-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Femminator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Married, but not legally in my state!

Femminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST ReputationFemminator Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Protecting our Butches

Today, the kids were gone so my wife and I decided to take in a movie. Of course, being Femme, I naturally come across more typically straight and my OFOS Butch wife, comes across as clearly Butch.

We find an aisle we want to sit in and two men are sitting at the end, blocking it. We say we want to sit in the aisle and at first the men attempt to move for ME to get by, then they notice my wife, who cam up behind me and they stop, shake their head and gave my wife a dirty look! My wife just stands there and calmly stares back at them. I notice how large they are, bigger than either of us, and I take her arm and she says "we can go around this way" I present them my back and go off proudly on my wifes arm. I so wanted to start something about their lack of manners, but my fear of causing an incident was more, we live in the Midwest. The woman in the couple behind where we ended up sitting, said something to her husband about how "those men made them go all the way around because they were too rude to move" which made me feel a bit better about it all. I guess they saw the homophobia in action and were upset by it.

I told my wife later that I was angry, and should have remarked on their rudeness, to which she says "it took their fun away to have you act like a lady and not start something they could blame on us, they would have liked for trouble to happen so they could say 'see? that is how dykes are' and blame us." I was not happy with that answer and am still angry about it all. She also mentioned that she was 'used' to it from some males and that is what Butches had to deal with. I an upset and want to cry about it, so I didn't know where to go and unload except to my Femme sisters who would understand.

We have had things like this happen before and always want to step up and protect her, by addressing it. She said that I would 'unbutch' her by thinking I have to protect her(instead of the other way around) and to let her take care of things. How else do I show my love for who she is unless I standup against that crap? On the other hand, is getting into a fight with men that top me by 100 pounds really helping any? She could get very hurt by stepping in to protect me if I opened my mouth, it would not help. I am SO frustrated and angry about it. Any advice, or anyone else go through this type of thing?