Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

The two most recent films I've seen:

'Get Low'
starring Robert Duvall, Sissy Spacek, Bill Murray
Its about a hermitted old man who decides to plan (and attend) his own funeral.

I really wanted to like it; because the cast is excellent, the score is good, the concept is original and the humour is fantastically dry - a bit like 'Brother Where Art Thou' - but it was way too slow moving for me. I kept dozing off, I tried to finish it 3x; and never succeeded.

'Elling'
a Norwegian film about an odd couple, of sorts. Two mentally challenged men are placed in a half-way home together after spending a few years in an institution. It is a 'coming of age' film, of sorts.

This film was charming and very funny. The acting and writing were excellent. I really enjoyed it. It was touching and genuine in its portrayal of the characters and their issues. And wasn't exploitative in its humour. I laughed, out loud, a lot.