Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday I knew I had a afternoon of a purchasing process at work to endure. I do this on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am still in the training process of this and my boss is insanely meticulous and while he is training me, it is so so so stressful. I become filled with abhorrence which I do not like, and is enough to make me want to move on. Last Tuesday was the absolute worse. A 1 hour job took SIX hours. It is really ridiculous.

He is a nice man, but his need to stay focused on one thing or dissect every single situation until so much time has gone by, we can’t get finished drives me and everyone else insane. My brain becomes flooded and cannot do simple calculations or think at all, which he believes is who I am. I’ve been left feeling like I just want to quit, because I beat myself up big time about this. I am hanging on to this job for a couple of reasons, but this part of it makes me want to run. I have come to simply hate this twice a week part of my job, but only because of my super nice boss hovering and making me a nervous wreck.

Somewhere deep inside I think he likes feeling correct about everything all the time and is real quick to point out any issues, and many times he is incorrect.

the manifesting part:

So yesterday we were set to start at 1pm. All morning I kept visualizing me doing it by myself. (I know I am ready and able to, but he won’t let go of it yet). I kept saying *I can do this, I don’t need him, I need to show him i can do it alone* over and over.. just in the back of my head.

At lunch I hyper focused on manifesting this one thing. Make him go away! I need to prove to myself that I can do this. All I want to do is do the job and be left alone, and see what happens.

At 1:00 pm I came back from lunch, my boss caught me real quick to say there was a meeting he needed to attend and would not be able to sit with me. Before he could say another word I asked if I could start by myself and if he could join me when he is done. I am trying to be sympathetic to the fact that it IS his money and it’s a lot of money I am spending. I need to ease him into this apparently. He said *Yes, that would be fine* He said he would be an hour. WHAT?! Wooohoo !!!

When he came out at 2, I was nearly done without one issue. I let him help me wrap it up and we were done in no time. He THEN said we could do it like this from now on, that obviously I do better without him watching me.

YIPPEE!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: