imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

The charting takes up so much time, doesn't it??? I have so many solicitor reports and court reports to write. It takes me sometimes and extra 90 minutes a night to write everything up - invoices, charts, reports, emailing extra info for patients with questions... my shift ends at 8:30 but sometimes I don't leave till 10pm.
I *love* my patients, most of them. And I want to make sure I can do everything I can. The most common thing they say about me is that I am "utterly thourough" and I bloody well am. I may take longer and do things differently than many therapists but I won't ever leave someone short.

Taking pride in our work to a fault can really be a balancing act.

My career will always come first. It's my sparkle, my depth. My talent and my passion. Most Queers won't abide by that. *shrug*

So I make sure I take care of me first. Anything left over is absolutely given to those I care for. And that's not acceptable to many, if not most.

But I hear you. I understand. We are lucky. And the self responsibility with that is occasionally daunting. AND sometimes coming home and shoving a granola bar in my mouth with a magnesium tablet for sore muscles is the most I can do. So I won't be making someone else's dinner, nor doing their laundry or cleaning their toilet. Fuck that. I don't even clean my own toilet.

I hope you have lots of self care goodies stashed away for yourself !!!
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post: