View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #650
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I have struggled my whole life with finding clothes that fit. At a towering 5'4-1/2" (don't forget that 1/2!) most clothes that I like the color and texture of, read:men's, are always at least one size too big for me. If stores carry shirts, they go down to a 15/32, I'm 14/30, pants down to 32 long, I'm 30, shoes down to 8, I'm 7, you get the picture.

Tailors love me and I sometimes compromise by going to the boys dept for crappy quality and limited selection. Add the new "wrinkle" known as aging and it's kind of a mess. I no longer feel anything but silly in the stuff for the young guys, suits are kind of over now that I'm fully retired, where to wear those anymore?

I have to concede that I am no longer in my 20's, 30's, or 40's...

So I am entering the stage of trying to weather well and avoid the traps I've seen on others. This leaves the very murky and hard to guess "casual yet put together" age appropriate look.

I'm on the search for sources and thought I might share them along the way 'cause I'm guessing I'm not the only one around here who would rather be a silver fox that a tired looking 30's wannabe.

Due to stature I'm starting with The Modest man because he only does under 5'8" and he's scrawny too so gets the double whammy.

He has a YouTube channel that I have enjoyed for a year or so. A couple of my favorite articles from the start page are:

Shameless Rant: The clothing industry hates short men

Stop Wearing clothes That Don't fit your body

And one that really helps avoid wearing a butch watch and looking like I borrowed it from the 6'4" cousin; Watches for Small Wrists
This one got me to figure out that my wrists will never get bigger and I really should stick to 38mm watch cases, and there are some really good ones out there!

Anywho, I hope this helps other vertically challenged folks.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: