How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,015 Times in 5,084 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

My down spirits are usually holiday-related this time of year - a result of growing up wondering why my family wasn't like the Brady Bunch.

I'm feeling pretty good and prepared for the upcoming holiday season. Going to get Uber delivery for the Thanksgiving meal, and spend it with two good friends. I ordered my holiday cards and stamps, and it will take me some time to fill all of those out and mail them. I haven't started gift shopping yet, but hopefully I can get to that soon. I'm going to just have a small tree in my bedroom this year - some friends are going to decorate my bedroom for the season.

These are a few holiday traditions I like to stick with every year, as they keep me from getting the blues. Another important thing for me to remember is to have _no_expectations_. I get back about half the number of holiday cards I send out, but everyone seems to enjoy getting mine. People are like, "I enjoy reading your newsy cards! I just don't have time any more at the holidays and so I quit sending them." I get phone calls and emails instead.

One holiday tradition I won't be able to keep up with this year is baking cookies. What with COVID, who could I give them to, anyway? I might make one or two batches for myself and my friends who come over. But honestly, I don't know if I will have the energy to do so. We'll see. Hopefully my self-imposed holiday puttering will ward off the seasonal blues.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: