View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 05:29 PM   #14652
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoddz View Post
Okay, so Dear Wife and I broke down and bought one of those new Sleep Number 360 smart beds. She has back issues from her 30+ years as a Paramedic/EMT and, well, my knees are absolutely trashed. We thought we both might be more comfy in one of these beds, so we bought a king sized one. I had no idea these beds cost upwards of $10K, once one buys all of the bedding and accessories!! All's I could hear in my head, as I was signing the purchase order, was my mother's voice saying, "Guns or Butter??", when it comes to monetary decision making. I don't know about most of you, but in MY world, my sleep is definitely GUNS!! In other words, it is a priority and one on which I will spend money and not "cheap out" on. So, a day after we returned from vacation, they delivered and set up the new bed. Dear Wife and I have separate ideas about what comprises the concept of a "comfortable" bed, when it comes to firmness and such, so we bought the split pattern, which means that our bed is, essentially, two single beds/mattresses that are independent of each other for settings, firmness, etc., and we are each able to make our own settings and adjustments to our half of the bed according to our individual tastes and comfort levels. One thing I am able to do, however, is to use my remote control to raise the head of her side of the bed to alleviate her snoring!!! I don't snore. I use CPAP.

I think this bed does just about everything, short of mixing you a drink. Supposedly it tells you about your sleep habits, how "restless" you are, your heart and respiratory rate (I think this is bogus, btw) and how "restful" your sleep cycle was. The bed lies. Yes, it lies. It said that, last night, it took me a little over 2 hours to go to sleep. That's bullshit. Anyone and everyone who knows me or has slept with me knows that I'm asleep the minute my head hits the pillow and I can sleep through any noise or disruption. How does this bed know wtf I am doing and whether or not I am asleep?? What about our cats?? Our 3 cats sleep in the bed with us and our 18 lb "bubba cat" sleeps between my legs. What if they are up and walking around on my side of the bed?? Our bed lies. Yes, it lies.

The other thing this crazy bed does has to do with heat. It has a built in heat pad at the feet. I guess this is somewhat comforting and/or relaxing to a lot of folks, but not me. I am constantly hot. I don't cuddle with my beautiful wife because I'm just simply too damned hot.

Does anyone out there have one of these beds?? What's your experience with it??

~Theo~
I’ve always followed the rule of thumb that wherever your body touches down is where you spend money. Shoes, mattresses, sofas and chairs.

So, other than raise and lower functions, how do you like it? Have you found a combination of settings they give you the best sleep you’ve ever had? For that price tag it certainly should!

It sounds like your bed uses a motion sensor for sleep tracking and it probably is tracking how long it took the cat to go to sleep, LOL…
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: