Old 09-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #8
Jess
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
decidedly indifferent
Preferred Pronoun?:
other

Thanked 5,702 Times in 1,684 Posts
Jess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST ReputationJess Has the BEST Reputation

Absolutely agree with just about everything being said here.

At Last mentioned not wanting soldiers to get short changed. Unfortunately, a pay increase for our servicemen and women was part of the Defense Bill. So, not only are gay soldiers waiting to serve with their honor intact, they are now also waiting for a raise.

Equal rights is always a primary issue as I tend to think so very much of our country's economic and educational development stems from a population with healthy self esteem and federally protected rights.

I have a hard time separating Gay Rights from those of POC/ Immigration/ Reproductive/ Women's. For me, the right of human beings to be equal to one another trumps it all and promotes a "more perfect Union".

It's also difficult to guess which needs to happen first... human rights or employment/ economic recovery. Both are essential and affect the overall health of our nation.
Jess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jess For This Useful Post: