How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
i have also found that when some who is (my word) wired for Mono and they reluctantly enter a relationship with someone who is poly that they have no idea what emotions or feelings can come out of that. Lots of people think its great kinky to see their partner with a playmate, but it's only kinky the first time.

Lots of issues NEED to be discussed, especially in a leather household setting.
Everyone NEEDs to adhere to the rules and boundaries and everyone NEEDs to be respectful of others, once one of these things does not happen it all crumbles.

I would add... for everyone involved, be honest with yourself and your partner(s) about your boundaries. Anything you reluctantly agree to is not going to magically be okay. For me, in one of my relationships, I really wasn't okay with some of the boundaries set in place by my partner. I reluctantly agreed to them because she had agreed to things she wasn't comfortable with. In the end those things manifested into all sorts of other ugly things - control issues, trust issues, etc.

That was a long time ago, and I've learned a lot of life lessons since then. It's better to get it all out in the open up front because it's going to come out in some way, shape or form eventually.

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post: