Old 01-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thamca74 View Post
FYI- It is true that money does matter. We can all say that it doesn't but in this country money= security.
Quote:
Originally Posted by atomiczombie View Post
You know, my short term financial stability isn't great, in that I don't have a decent income. I am quite poor. However, some day when my parents and my dad's sister (my aunt) pass, I will inherit a sum of money with which I will be able to buy a house outright and live comfortably for the rest of my life. So I do, in a sense, have a retirement plan, as much as I don't want to think of it, because I love my folks and my aunt very much and don't want to lose them.
You know what is funny, Drew? When I read the first line of Thamca's post my thought was....well, Drew's income is A LOT more secure than my own! I could get fired or laid off. My subsequent unemployment could run out and I could have no income.

Your income is MORE SECURE than mine b/c you know for sure that you will keep getting yours. I don't even know if social security is going to be around by the time I retire. People that are already receiving social security (or social security disability), will most likely not lose it or face a reduction.

So a lack of financial security? I think not!

Keep on keepin' on my friend. It is not what you make, but how you manage what you do make.

ETA: When it comes to your mental health, you know if you are ready better than anyone else. I would much prefer to be with a partner who is aware of their mental health issues and managing them, than a partner who may have less severe mental health issues but has no awareness and does not take accountability for them. Good luck.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: