Old 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM   #20
sanee66

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

sanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputationsanee66 Has the BEST Reputation
Smile my thoughts

HI there,
Well, being femme and having been in a similiar situation before with a partner who did not make a lot of money (self employed and worked when she wanted to, also subject to panic attacks) I thought I would give my two cents.
This relationship worked really well cause we complimented each other in areas where the other was weak. I worked full time, she took care of the house, yard and kid, basically a stay at home dad.

I dont need much to make me happy, someone that listens, and understands and knows when I need space and when i need held. To me this is more important that what one might be able to buy. Had a gf once that was forever buying me jewelry, which I never wore before. The best times I have ever had going out was just sitting by a lake, walking through the woods, country cruisin and nibblin finger foods. Some of the best gifts I haved gotten were just little notes that were hidden where I would find them.

If there are issues that need working on, it definitely sounds like you are doing so and I applaud you for that. I know many people that will never take that step and I think they may suffer for it.

Now for the long term pic. Since I am one of the many people only two checks away from being homeless, the only thing that matters to me in monetary terms is that who ever I may be with contribute what they can without blowing everything they make on just the things they want and expecting me to pay for everything. If issues arise, I would want to talk it out and try to find a solution with my partner.

I think you were great in taking that first step and I hope you don't let this make you run and never try again. You sound very nice and I wish you all the best.