View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 06:09 PM   #96
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting. I've never considered myself or looked into if I'm empathic. I've only thought myself to be intuitive. Same diff?? I got...

Partial Empath

You are sensitive in certain areas of your life, but you don't usually absorb energy from others. You may be sensitive to noise, scratchy clothes, or bright lights, but you probably don’t take on someone’s stress or anxiety into your own body. You care about the feelings of others, but their emotions don't usually feel overwhelming to you.

I am definitely a "fixer" ... but I've learned over the years that fixing is not always what the other person is after. More often than not they just want to vent and want someone to listen.

Protection is right there in the description... boundaries. The other thing I've learned over the years is that... identifying... creating ... and holding boundaries requires a lot of practice for everyone. A lot of practice for me and a lot of practice for friends and family. Changing oneself means changing others too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
http://woobox.com/4bf3qw/?source=EQFB-ESGLAL

This could explain a lot. i need to protect myself better. Any suggestions?

The fixing part... wow, totally me.

Full-fledged Empath

You are wide open to picking up emotions and/or physical sensations from others and absorb them into your own body. You don’t have the usual filters that non-empaths have, so you feel everything! You are capable of deep love, intuition, creativity and connection with others, but must learn how how to set clear boundaries and not over-give. If you are undergoing a lot of stress in your life, you may be aware of becoming extra-sensitive and empathic, so you need to practice an increased amount of self-care. Your challenge is how to stay open and loving but not try to “fix” others or take on the stress of the world into your own body.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote