View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #19
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I think I've experienced this more from bio-men than any other group. I find that it happens most often in conversation...either a conversation between me and another, or if I am part of a small group of people conversing. The person speaking (as I said, usually a bio-male) will use a "big" word, and then pause, turn to me, and feel the need to explain what they just said...dumbing it down, of course. This infuriates me. First, if I don't understand something...I have no problem asking the person speaking to clarify their statement. Second, just because I am blonde (oh those stereotypes at work!) it doesn't mean that my hair has somehow seeped into my brain and strangled it. And last, but not least, the fact that I have a vagina doesn't lower my IQ. When this has happened, I've often said to the person "I understood perfectly what you said and didn't ask for an explanation. What made you assume I didn't understand you?" I've never gotten an answer.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi

Last edited by always2late; 12-16-2012 at 11:14 PM.
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post: