View Single Post
Old 03-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #21866
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
Do you live in a bubble?

I scored a 33.

There exists a new upper class that’s completely disconnected from the average American and American culture at large, argues Charles Murray, a libertarian political scientist and author.

Take this 25-question quiz, based on a similar one published in Murray’s 2012 book, “Coming Apart: The State of White America 1960-2010,” to find out just how thick your bubble is.

Here is a sample question:

Have you ever lived for at least a year in an American neighborhood in which the majority of your 50 nearest neighbors did not have college degrees?

Make your judgment with regard to your neighborhood, not your ZIP code. Answer “no” if you are thinking of a gentrifying neighborhood in which you were one of the gentrifiers.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/making-s...bble-a-quiz-2/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyson View Post
i scored a 59.
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Fascinating. I scored a 41.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
You got 68 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

See below for scores Charles Murray would expect you to get based on the following descriptions.

48–99: A lifelong resident of a working-class neighborhood with average television and movie going habits. Typical: 77.

I am not surprised!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
My score was 57.
<<<<<~~ My score was: 62 points.

The higher your score, the thinner your bubble. The lower, the more insulated you might be from mainstream American culture.

See below for scores Charles Murray would expect you to get based on the following descriptions.

48–99: A lifelong resident of a working-class neighborhood with average television and movie going habits. Typical: 77.

42–100: A first-generation middle-class person with working-class parents and average television and movie going habits. Typical: 66.

11–80: A first-generation upper-middle-class person with middle-class parents. Typical: 33.

0–43: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person who has made a point of getting out a lot. Typical: 9.

0–20: A second-generation (or more) upper-middle-class person with the television and movie going habits of the upper middle class. Typical: 2.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: