Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default *Copy That* (Back to 20/20 Election Talk)

So...… tonight I dedicate my post to all the members in our community who somehow aren't around anymore (you know who you are!! I miss reading your posts and articulate points of view).

I've been reading news articles from the website for progressive news coverage: Common Dreams (click the title, it takes you to their website).

Here are a few things I have noticed that haven't gotten much coverage in the news, which might be good ideas for current Democratic Presidential Candidates to speak up about:

1) FEMA (have any of the victims of climate change weather tragedies received any monetary benefit since 2016?);

2) Does the current administration owe your city money due to them visiting your city and incurring outrageous public safety fees, like it owes El Paso (T^^^P admin owes El Paso $500K)???

3) Did anyone else see the news byte from MM which has created some buzz around former 1st Lady Michelle Obama, running for President? I heard it on NPR today.... and read about it elsewhere online.

5) I'd like to see the Castro brothers annihilate the current administrations vitriol surrounding racially motivated hate directed toward Mexico and it's citizens and any individual from any Central or South American country who wants to immigrate to the US. Here is a current research article from The Pew Research Center (non-partisan think tank) which presents scientific data that people of Mexican ethnicity/nationality are NOT illegally immigrating to the US (See Link Below).

5 Facts About Illegal Immigration In The US
(The Pew Research Center, June 12th 2019)

The El Paso tragedy is, in my mind, more than just a tipping-point issue on Gun Control and Immigration and that infernal load of baloney about the 'wall' that the DC administration is hell bent on building across the southern border of the US and all the other troubling issues concerning locking up and caging up countless children and adults who left their own country due to crushing levels of poverty created by the so-called 'Free Trade Policy' which has done nothing to help anyone but line the pockets of the filthy rich and used in tit-4-tat trade war crap by the current monster in office.

So many critical policy issues at stake. I won't be surprised if the GOP has been raiding PENSION policy plans and setting up a coup to take down every policy that protects the common and not so common workers in America.

That's all I got tonight. Just a mountain of concerns and a boat load of sadness and grief for all the people who are suffering tonight due to horrific tragedies around the country.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: