sylvie

How Do You Identify?:
Mr Mtn's babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
girly, she
Relationship Status:
fiercely protected ♥

Thanked 7,501 Times in 1,850 Posts
sylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputationsylvie Has the BEST Reputation

so, i guess i never truly understood until this week, that i can't 'save' him.
i think i've always had a glimmer of hope, still, until now.. and always feel responsible for ensuring he's okay, etc. i finally realize that this needs to change, it's taken a lot of downfalls to get to this point, though...

my father was rushed to the hospital by ambulance this week, and was admitted in ICU. he is still binge drinking, he's hiding it from us best he can, and then each time he runs out of money he suffers withdrawals. this time, was really bad, he was having seizures, he has memory loss, he has damaged brain cells, spinal cord, no sense of balance, slurred speech, you name it. this list goes on and on..

they said he was being discharged yesterday, which surprised us tremendously.. he'll have to do more tests over the course of the next couple of weeks, but as an outpatient, they need the bed. he's just not well, he's not himself.. i was really upset and demanded a social worker come up and talk with him, that we as a family intervene and get him into rehab.. that i would not sit by and watch my father kill himself..

they cant force him.. i lost it at the hospital, until i talked to the social worker, i dont think i truly understood my need for help with this.. until now.

i attended one meeting, with al anon before, but sadly never kept up with it.. it was more of a meet and greet, i got to see how it worked and watched some talk, it was comforting, encouraging, extremely emotional, but yet, i never went back..

only now, do i truly understand my absolute need to detach myself from this.. i can be there for my father, but i can't consume myself with saving him, it just won't happen unless HE wants that, and only then can i help.
until then i need to learn how to live with this, without the insane amount of guilt ...

so, i made the phonecall again, i need this.. am waiting for a call back.

my facebook weight loss page:
http://www.facebook.com/asyllyjourney
sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sylvie For This Useful Post: