Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageFemme View Post
You're the best! So motivational. I just may put together a calendar of my nature prints. I'm peddling my services as a children's photographer on my website and Facebook though. That's my bread and butter. Not a lot of people are interested in nature photography, just a small group but that's fine as that's my passion and what I do to feed my creative heart and soul. Support is big though and makes all the difference in your personal success, and it's so precious to know that you have it from your own community. Love.
Girl you are so right. I have given up on selling my landscape /nature photography as they are honestly a dime a dozen. I just shoot for fun and share what feels good to me. I appreciate the photos that I have sold over the years, that feels so very special, but it no longer feeds my soul, and I know that reflects in the final product. I DO enjoy seeing these things first hand though. A sunrise or sunset sets me on fire.

Photographing children has never appealed to me, so kudos to those who do it, and do it well. I get so disheartened when I see people with an iPhone thinking they can capture a wedding, or have fine skill of shooting children. I’m old and still miss the times when you had to learn how to operate a camera, with film and as photographers, we stood out. You had to know how to drive the damn thing.

One thing to do is find FB community groups and if allowed, post there for your photoshoots. Do some promos and make it fun, IMO part of the whole process is the fun in the actual experience of the session!

I am constantly trying to find ways to be found online for my officiating business. It’s not easy, but it can be done! Learn about SEO and keywords, that sure helps.

I’m new to Instagram and will only use it for my biz, but I am loving it. No new clients from it, but it does highlight my officiating for LGBT couples.

Girl you have an amazing eye. I’ve seen your work, and I am a fan.

A link to some of my work is in the signature of my posts.

Good luck!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: