View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 03:09 AM   #32
Nerds

How Do You Identify?:
as me

Nerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST ReputationNerds Has the BEST Reputation
Default my retreat

I have a secret place - a place I used to go to when I was growing up when things got rough.
Even if the place is just a memory today it still gives me comfort. I close my eyes and I am back in the forest where I grew up. I sit on the ground leaning against a fir tree looking out on the small lake. I see the dragonflies hovering silently over white and yellow waterlillies. I feel the warmth of the sun on my face and I smell the warm earth around me. I hear the birds sing happily above or rustling in the dead leaves nearby in search of food. I hear bumble bees passing by. I see the rings on the water after fish jumping. On the other side of the lake there is a beaver lodge, and if I am quiet at dusk I see them swimming around to find food. Maybe if Im lucky I see a fox or a moose.
I sit absolutely quiet not to disturb any of them in the hopes that one day, maybe they will accept me as part of them and not be afraid of me.
Nerds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nerds For This Useful Post: