Old 08-16-2010, 07:23 AM   #34
Lady_Wu

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Queer Stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
M'Lady
Relationship Status:
given up looking *sigh*

Lady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST ReputationLady_Wu Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Floyd, VA

My slice of heaven is a very,very small town in VA called Floyd. I think that it is the most wonderful place on earth. If I could find a place to live there, I'd be there now! Floyd is so small that when I left Va, about 10 years ago, they had just gotten their first traffic light. The town is a weird blend of Mew-Age Hippy and Redneck that somehow works beautifully. Farm supply stores sit right beside artisan craft store on the main street. Two world-renown restaurants that hold showcases for local singer-songwriters plus famous singers use only local produce in their mainly vegetarian dishes. A Wintersun apparel store located there holds wonderful sales from which I've bought my favorite clothing. A food co-op has delicious foods, teas, beauty products, etc.
One of the coolest things about Floyd consists in the fact that they have their own currency! They are Floyd notes. From what I've gathered, one Floydnote=one hour of work, or whatever is negotiated between employee and employer. Most of the local businesses take Floydnotes as payment. One can even redeem them at the local bank in town for "real" money.
Floyd also hosts every year a world-renown artisan, song-writer, whatever festival called FloydFest. Local mingle with celebrities as they look through artisans booths, listen to music, munch on all types of food from food kiosks, or just stretch out and enjoy the Virginia sun. Used to cost 75.00 for the entire two day fest. I'm sure the cost is considerably more by now. I always told myself I would go but left before I did.
Yes, if only I had a craft or a way to live there, I would. I DO hope to at least get back there for a Wintersun sale one day. I'd make,week[end out of it ,but there's no place to stay! I hope Floyd remains a small town as in my dreams!
Lady_Wu, feeling nostalgic