Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,246 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
Let's pretend that Jack and I finally just won the Arkansas Powerball for $173 million.

After taxes, that's about $100 million left over.

Let's pretend that we're building a compound on about 400 acres just north of where we currently live.

Would you want to live on a BFP compound?
What skills can you contribute?
Would you want to do community meals every night in the "Mess Hall"?
Would people still need to pay something into the system like rent, even if it was only nominal?
Do you think you'd get tired of living with family all year long?
What pro's and con's can you see to this idea?
What input do you have?

Let's speak it into the Universe!
Reluctantly, no. But that's just me; I wouldn't do well with people just showing up to visit. Would each household have "at home" hours, or would all doors be open all the time?

I could teach the kiddies

Would there be the option of having meals alone if wanted? I wouldn't want just a cabin with beds and one mess hall, like Girl Scout camp.

What about relatives and friends, would they be allowed to visit on the premises?

Who would be in charge, and how selected? Would these people end up like a "higher tier" of resident, with all the power? Would there be "term limits"?

How would the rules of the community be decided? What if there was an objection?

Communal living in a kind of utopia always sounds good on paper, but hasn't worked in reality. And maybe I shouldn't post, as I'm crabby .