The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJFemmie View Post
I moved from a (high level) PvP server to PvE because I found I enjoyed PvE much better. I'm "ok" at PvP but I admit I am not that great at it. I do it to grind for honor/justice. I can't stand going into a BG and subjecting myself to idiots complaining and name calling because GOD FORBID someone dies or drops a flag. (With that being said, I HATE WARSONG GULCH). I play for fun, some of these people seriously need lives and/or some type of therapy - talk about anger issues. No one seems to have any patience for the noobs.

Also - PvP realms means you are subject to constant (i can't think of the word) - death by high level toons, just 'cause they can.
I wasn't able to quest or farm without having some high level toon gank (there you go) my ass even though I was at least 20 levels lower. I dreaded the contested areas. Once I transferred to a PvE realm, breathing was easier.

I prefer PvE because you can toggle yourself as PvP if the mood strikes .. and you can always go into BGs and that of the like. Just a thought to consider.
Agreed but I've also seen the same behaviour in Raids (LFG). I've been booted because apparently I didn't pull my weight (I was 13th out of 25 so not sure where that came from and figure it was more about loot than anything else). I started on a PVP server (Kilrogg) and got ganked a few times. When I was high enough, I ensured that those that were attacked -- and I was close enough -- I'd go and help them. Ganking shouldn't be allowed, IMO (should only be able to attack someone no more than 5 levels below and how many ever levels above).

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote