Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Just the other day, I saw several cars with bumper stickers advertising that the owner of the car is supporting Libertarian Gary Johnson. Most all of those I saw were on very expensive vehicles.....on the surface , it appears to me that affluent people are supporting this type of mindset? I know that appearances can often be misleading, but that's what came to mind when I happened to see bumper stickers on various cars I've seen.

Also, I haven't seen the usual jingoistic rhetoric in support of either Clinton or Trump in bumper stickers on cars either. Or in yards. It's a rather odd thing, this year, because in years past, when there's been tons of open support for any presidential candidate, you didn't have to look too hard to find bumper stickers or yard signs.

My role at work takes me all over the metro area I live in, so it's kind of weird, if not creepy (to me), to notice hardly any physical sign of support for those who are competing for the presidential seat of power.

Although, when Senator Sanders was actively holding rallies for his own campaign, it was at fever pitch to see support for his presidential run for office.
Here in right wing Orange County, I have seen several expensive cars, including Escalades and Range Rovers, with Trump bumper stickers.

I also just saw a beat up truck with a bumper sticker that in big letters said: Hillary and in smaller ones: For prison.

John Birch still lives here.

Also, not long ago, I posted about a KKK gathering in an Anaheim park.

*Sigh*

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post: