Thread: Kavenaugh OMG
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 10:22 AM   #52
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
It's looking better for Kavanaugh. If the FBI only interviewed nine witnesses, there might not be much there. The question now is can Flake and Murkowski stand up to the pressure? Collins will vote to confirm. I feel sure of it. There's definitely no smoking gun, nothing to shame regular Republicans into not voting for Kavanaugh. And the son of a bitch is now a folk hero among the base. Well, it will be bad if he's confirmed, but it might further energize Democratic voters to get out on November 6th. Not much solace for having such a malevolent crackpot on the Court.
I don't know if your hunch is right or not, because the news changes as often as Trump changes his mind.
It may sound nuts, but my theory is the GOP leaders are banking on Flake and Murkowski to fall on the GOP sword and vote no on Kavanaugh to allow the rest of the party to save face with those creepy base Trump supporters.
I think any sentient human who watched even a few minutes of Kavanaugh's epic meltdown, with the sobbing and lipping off to Senators, knew he was ineligible via temperament and partisan bias alone to take any seat on any bench, much less the Supreme Court.
Then when Sen. Klobuchar started grilling him about his drinking and possible blackouts, his defensiveness was outrageous-- right of Shakespeare. I think that was the end of it for him.
But because the entire GOP legislature seems to be afraid of arousing Trump's volcanic fury, I think they are stuck pretending to want what Trump wants, without noticing that Trump has lost interest in the guy. You think Trump respects a man who cries over his drinking-- in public? i think Trump likes he-man dictator/tyrant types, not weak little crybabies who went to Yale. Your thoughts?
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post: