Old 04-10-2012, 03:02 PM   #64
SilverStoneFemme

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Single

SilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST ReputationSilverStoneFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
A photograph of the witness table at this hearing has gone viral.

You will note the utter and complete lack of women.
How in the hell can one convene a panel of people on contraception and not have a single woman in attendence? That fact alone should tell you how insidious the men's influence has become concerning women's uteruses. Or is it uteri? Doesn't matter, they can NOT contol our reproductive system. Didn't we fight this fight already in the 70s and 80s with the Woman's Movement?

Quote:
(Rush) Limbaugh was indignant about the hype around the issue. "Why is contraception so important that it must be paid for by somebody else?" he demanded to know. He asked why contraceptives are "a must-have" in comparison to toothpaste, hotel rooms or a car. "Why are so many people afraid of birth?" he wondered.
Let Rush get pregnant ONE time AND give birth and he would be screaming for birth control.

Quote:
".....but I think there's some deep-seated racism involved here, too. These people want to ban contraception because they want white people to breed prolifically, so as to overcome what they see as an onslaught by the Brown Ones against All That Is Right And True In America. After all, one of those shady, shaded dudes already sits in the White House, and he doesn't even have a proper birth certificate, right? Right?

Or something.
I have been thinking this exact thought, back in the recesses of my mind, for some years now. Certainly since the 90s. It's good to read that someone else also has these thoughts and isn't as afraid to voice them as I am. It's good to think I'm not the "paranoid" kook I thought I was.

I mean, who would actually think the right-wingers would really be against the Pro-Choice folx because of some screwy ideology that not allowing women to gain access to abortions would increase the white population? And that not allowing women to gain access to birth control would increase the population of white people? Is it really that simple?

Well, if it quacks like a duck....

Quote:
I have to admit to being stunned, in shock with all this, because of all the things I ever expected to deal with, take on and overcome, it never occurred to me that fighting the war you already won all over again would be something I would have to contend with in this brave year of 2012...but here we are. Part of me wants to lay back and let these dunderheads crash around in a frothing fury, wants to let them destroy themselves...but no.

No.

Now is the time to rise up, point at this mess, and say in a voice too loud to ignore, "This is why these people are not to be trusted with power. This is why they must go."

You fought this war and won it, Mom. The Bastards want to try and re-take the battlefield. I will not let it happen, and I am not alone.

I was voting during the Woman's Movement of the 70s and the 80s and we defeated all this male-influenced nonsense over birth control and pro-choice at that time and we'll defeat them again.

However, history isn't always a sign of how things will go the next round. We women must, as a voting block, go to the polls with the viewpoint of stopping this madness just as we did back during the Women's movement. We must not get complacent as I guess the Republibans are going to try and shove the tenets of the right wing down our female throats over and over, again and again.

Many, many battles have been won on this front but I guess the war will go on.

"Keep in mind this daily notion: there are no ordinary moments." ~Dan Millman~
SilverStoneFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilverStoneFemme For This Useful Post: