Old 07-09-2015, 05:15 PM   #63
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulButch View Post

I’m just bothered that she’d find herself in that position in the first place. It feels like I’m inadvertently taking away her choice as to outing herself and for situations like this where it has negative ramifications, that’s something I’m struggling to reconcile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post

The proudest moments in MY everyday life, are the moments when i am on my Kasey's arm (butch/gender male),

Your lady chooses to "out" herself when she steps out with you, enjoy that blessing.
It is true that for the femmes who choose masculine looking butches (who are therefore assumed to be lesbian), they are outing themselves. However, they know that and they are choosing to be with you. What Ms. Tinkerbelly said and what Anya said after her I have heard before from partners. These women feel proud when they are with us. For some femmes they appreciate the visibility that being with a masculine female bodied person affords them.

The bottom line is that your partner knows she is outing herself when she is with you and she knows that things could become uncomfortable at times. It kind of comes with the territory of dating a butch. We are lucky indeed.

Side note, it is kind of weird that you haven't brought this up to her. If you have, and she says it isn't a problem, believe her!

Good discussion. Thanks for bringing it to the thread.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: