How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
While I think "Butch" has largely disappeared from the (general) planet, it's kind of sad to think/see that it has largely disappeared from even this "planet". This one page, 13 posts represents 4 years.

I found this and was glad to see a little piece of us show up.

I remember when I first joined the old dash site it was still in a kind of tree or branch like form and already back then some people were lamenting the loss of butch as an identity. I believe it was Toughy who said female identified butches were a dying breed and I said butches are a dying breed. She disagreed. Just female identified butches she said. Now I don't think anyone would disagree that butch in general as an identity is fading into the sunset. I wonder where we all have gone? Where is the next generation? I mean is it that people are no longer born butch? Whatever, I sure do miss the old days. And I miss the conversations we would have on this site as well. Maybe people have found a different way of making community.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: