Old 08-17-2017, 09:06 PM   #50
Katniss

How Do You Identify?:
Dame, doll, twist, dish
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ladylike ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,391 Times in 2,094 Posts
Katniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST ReputationKatniss Has the BEST Reputation
Default tick-tock

Good grief, I posted in this thread four (yes 4) years ago! I also see a post from one of our dear ones who has left this world we currently inhabit.

Which brings me to a fairly new fear....running out of time. Watching my aging parents slip into ill health, my teen really start to mature into her own person, the city growing by leaps and bounds, meeting personal goals and making new ones. All these reminders of tick-tock. Fear of running out of time to do everything I wish to do, travel to all the places I want to see, all the museums, art, concerts, classes. Never enough time. I've never made a bucket list because there was always time...or not.

I also need to add another new-ish fear. Fear of losing faith. Faith in the goodness of humanity. Faith in my own humanity. Fear of losing that connectedness now that groceries and entertainment and social interaction are just a click away and I don't have to "deal with people." Fear I'll stop wanting to be kind (takes effort after all) or will become more impatient because now if I can't "click" and get "to the door delivery" in under two hours then....deep exasperated sigh. I'm afraid all this "screen life" will screen me *from* life. No smiling at a little kid who looks afraid in a crowd, or clapping for the other team even though mine didn't win, or bending down on the MARTA to tie a heavily pregnant woman's shoelace, or just a quick smile or joke with a stranger. I'm afraid of becoming jaded and losing faith in, well, all of us. But especially myself.

Katniss~~(also add afraid I am waaay overthinking these threads)
Katniss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Katniss For This Useful Post: