Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,109 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Kindred, written by Octavia E. Butler, audiobook read by actress Kim Staunton, borrowed from HooplaDigital.com

Ms. Butler was a fabulous writer. She got and kept my attention from the opening sentence. And each chapter that I made it through could stand on its own. It’s the kind of book that I wanted to read slowly to be able to think about each chapter because there was so much to unpack. So very good.

But I stopped reading at chapter three because it was too traumatic for me. I don’t want any part of 1812 Antebellum Maryland. She make it too real for me. I felt the pain of others. That was her intention. I understand.

I’m still fascinated by it and bits and parts keep returning to me. I might return to the book to continue reading it, but not now.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: