Old 08-29-2010, 07:05 PM   #6
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?

I suppose I do if I stop and think about it. I'd say not overly but occasionally. I love long bubble baths, hot oil treatments, getting a facial, nails all that girl stuff and yes it does feel like I am being good to myself and not just a neccesity.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?

Not necessarily, but it is nice when they do. It is a great relationship IMO when you get nurturing from your partner. I am way more of a nurturer in relatinships than one that expects getting nurtured back. It is a wonderful gift to give someone you care about and I love doing that.

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?

I was pretty spoiled, so yes...I was nurtured as a child.

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?

I used to. I didn't even know how to nurture myself it was very foreign to me. I had to learn to like me first and now, just as i do others, I realize that I deserve that as well. I'm sure I could get better at it, but am happy that I at least do somewhat.

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?

No it's wonderful and it's a healthy idea. If we don't take care of ourselves how do we ever expect to be able to be our best for someone else. I believe that nurturing ourselves is not only a gift to us, but it is a gift to those around us because it helps us become stronger, happier and self healing.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: