View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 04:22 AM   #9
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,949 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

Great topic Tranzman. Thank you for starting this thread. Since I am in a learning process with this concept being able to read what everyone else has to say is a tremendous help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzman View Post
1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?
I haven't really done this for myself in the past. Been too busy taking care of everyone else and making sure their needs are met.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?
I don't rely on anyone. Shelia does this naturally - something new for me. The majority of my past girlfriends were takers. You know the kind that you pour your heart and soul into them and when it ends they accuse you of selfishness and refusing to meet their needs.

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?
No. Absolutely not. I was raised to please people and place myself last.

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?
Yes, it's a foreign concept. But I am working on it and learning to accept that it is OK to do so.

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?
No. Since I have been in counseling I have learned that you have to do good for you things. especially if this is not being done for you in other areas of your life. For example- I get little to no positive feedback at work. My counselor has advised me to look for this from myself because my boss holds her cards very close. Also at the end of the day I have me - the only one I can truly depend on. Nobody can take care of her the way I can. I deserve it and I am worth it.
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post: