Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,595 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

1. Do you nurture yourself? If so, what are the ways you do so?

I am beginning to learn how to, though I'm far from consistent with it. Some of the things that feel nurturing on the inside may not look nurturing from the outside. I nurture myself by meditating, by spending time alone, by spending time with people who make me feel good, by not spending time with people who do not make me feel good, by making myself herbal iced tea, by eating healthfully, by taking walks, by working hard, by working to forgive others and myself, by seeking peace in daily life, by dealing with problems as they occur (before they build up), by putting energy, thought and creativity into my spiritual life.

2. Do you rely on your partner/family/friends to nurture you?

Sometimes

3. Do you feel that you adequately learned how to nurture your self when you were growing up?

Only by overindulgence

4. Do you feel any sort of discomfort about nurturing yourself?

Yes. I almost have to sneak up on myself with it.

5. Do you think that this whole self nurturing thing is just new age stuff and not even something worth talking about?

No but I do think there are many traditions/belief systems that expect a level of austerity that doesn't allow for much nurturing - so maybe people from that sort of background would feel that self-nurturing is decadent. I kinda decided not to have any belief system that didn't fulfill me or feed me or that degraded me. I think that may have been the biggest self-nurturing move I have made.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: